A wide range of makeup products are available to enhance your appearance, but only some are must-haves in each of our cosmetic pouches. If lip color is a must-have in your makeup pouch, be it in the form of lipstick, lip gloss, or lip balm, here are a few lip color tips from beauty professionals to help you look your best in just a few minutes:
- Exfoliate: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to exfoliate your lips at least twice a week, especially if you have dry, flaky lips, as it helps to get rid of dead skin cells and stimulates blood flow. That said, don’t exfoliate your lips if they’re chapped. Exfoliation helps your lips absorb hydrating and moisturizing agents like a lip balm better. It also helps the lipstick glide more easily over the lips, giving a smoother look.
- Choose the right shade: One of the most basic lip color tips from beauty professionals is to pick the right shade. Beauty experts point out that darker colors tend to give the appearance of thinner lips. So, picking a lighter shade is best if you want to make your lips look more significant. If you want your look to be bold, try adding some lip gloss. The shade you use should match your outfit and should also suit your skin tone and the shades of the various other makeup products that complete your look, like eyeshadow, foundation, or blush.
- Define your lips: Tracing the outer edges of your lips with a lip concealer instead of a lip liner is another brilliant lip color tip from beauty professionals. A concealer is ideal for defining lips after you’ve filled them with color. They also help your lip color last longer and prevent any bleeding or feathering.
- Use a primer: One of the most important lip color tips from beauty professionals is to use a primer. It helps prepare your lips for the lip color and also keeps them moisturized. By filling in the lines and wrinkles on the lips, a primer makes the lip texture smooth and helps keep the liner, lipstick, or gloss in place. Using a primer also limits the need to reapply lipstick or gloss every few hours. So, adding a primer pencil to your makeup bag is definitely a good idea, especially for busy individuals.
- Use a lip treatment cream: Adding a lip treatment cream containing ingredients like collagen and hyaluronic acid to your nightly beauty regimen might be useful. These substances help make your lips smoother and fuller. So, when you use a lip color, they look more beautiful and attractive. Not to mention, putting lip color also becomes much easier.
These lip color tips from beauty professionals guarantee that your lips are plump, nourished, and beautiful.